June 21, 2012

Welcome to Summer Virtual 5k

Wasn't sure I would be able to run when I awoke in pain on Tuesday, June 19, 2012.  My back, hips, & feet were still sore from my chiropractor appointments the past week.  I decided to get up off my behind and get out the door.  It was a beautiful morning so I headed down the street to the high school track. My first two laps consisted of two 50 meter 'sprints' with 350 meter walk/run recoveries.  On my next two times around the track I decided to try climbing up and back down the stadium stairs.  That was rough but I made it.  I then proceeded to finish my regular loop and ended up back at the house with a total of 4 miles completed.  So my 5k time ended up being 45:43 with a pace of 14:43/mile.  Not bad for not having run since my last half marathon on May 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment