June 18, 2012

Options Tri--For-Life/Laps-For-Life

It was a gorgeous day for a Triathlon, forecast was for a high of 80*.  The day started out cool and cloudy and the air was electric.

I took a DNS (did not start) for the race.  My back, from the base of my skull to my buttocks, including my shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, and feet, had been bothering me for the past week.  An appt with my chiropractor confirmed my thought that this race wasn't in the cards for me this year.

I showed up to pick up my packet and headed back to my car to go home. The thought occurred to me that I could actually volunteer on the course.  Over to the sign-up table I went and they had one opening left on the bike route.  So I got to encourage all the bikers as they rode by.

After the last bike passed by, I headed to the Laps-For-Life check-in line.  I proceeded to walk around the track for the next hour (very slowly) in support of Options Pregnancy Resource Center.  The atmosphere was great as children along with their parents and grandparents walked.  We cheered in the triathlon finishers (as they finished on the track).  I even won a few raffle prizes.  Overall, it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment